I want to copy texts from a website which has blocked screen recording. What should I do?

selector
uiautomation
text
activities
studio

Suppose a website has blocked screen recording or screen scraping. All we can do is select by dragging mouse left click and then either ctrl+c or right click & copy. So what is the activity for that?

Note: I’ve already tried GetText,GetTrigger, ClickText etc. All are firstly showing “Indicate Element on Screen” which is recording and I don’t want. So is there any other option?

For example I want to copy this red marked area

Try with send hotkey Ctrl+c,And paste it in notepad with send hotkey Ctrl+v and check if it works

@sreekanth It is the next step. But first I have to reach the page I want to work on nah? Which is not possible without using indicate on screen option.

we can copy text . try copy text activity

How can we select text @sara_s to copy to clipboard

use this copy text option

Hi @Soumik17

Not positive Amazon is where you’re trying to scrape from but their sites are typically the most friendly to scrape so not sure why you think scraping is blocked.

I notice from your screenshot you’re using Firefox. Have you installed the Firefox extension? If it’s not installed, the site may appear to not allow scraping.

Just a thought.

Regards
Troy.

@tmays

Sir you didn’t get my question. Of course Amazon is probably the easiest site to scrape but I don’t want to use the ‘indicate on screen’ or any four types of recording at all. I want to select a particular text segment by the conventional mouse left click drag and then use ctrl+c. But every activity is starting the recorder option first

@sara_s

Ma’am I tried this activity in the first instance. But CopyText activity is also nothing but recording. I want to copy only text, not a screen segment like the recorder does. Like the given pic. Anyway, thanks for helping :slightly_smiling_face:

Oh. So you want to manually select the text with a front office robot?

@tmays

Yessss :sweat_smile: