I tried to repeat this for multiple rows, nut unsuccessful. Each time I ran the file, it only returned value for the first row. Could you please advise how you did it?

I tried to repeat this for multiple rows, nut unsuccessful. Each time I ran the file, it only returned value for the first row.

Could you please advise how you did it?

If I understood you correctly than your problem should be that you didn’t adapt Type Into and/or Select Item and/or Get Text for the Excel For Each Row.

Here’s a check list with the activities that I have:
Type Info = [CurrentRow] Name
Select Item = [CurrentRow] Birthday Month
Get Text = [CurrentRow] Unicorn Name

To edit the activity click + sign of the activity > CurrentRow > Custom Input > type the name of the column you want the activity to process

Should i add the repeat for each row function after each activity? i.e. Type into, click, get text? Or just once at the end of the entire bot?
I tried both ways actually, but my bot runs just for the 1st row in the spreadsheet.

You can see my bot instructions in the attached image.

I see, well the problem is that you tried to add each activity into a for each.
Why is that a problem? Try to “run” on paper your code, this way you will see it will get the A2 value then try to traverse cells A2 to A7 then get the B2 then try to traverse B2 to B7, then button click, get Unicorn Name and store it into C2 then traverse C2 to C7. Thus your program will process A2, B2 and C2 lines and do a traversing from line 2 to 7.

But if you add the entire Browser activity into the Excel For Each Row. this way you will traverse the lines 2 to 7 and do each activity while traversing, this will have the desired effect

Here’s what I did

Also the Excel For Each Row click the + sign > Excel > then click on any like the list bellow

• Sheet1 [Sheet] (for this you will need to check Has Headers option)
  • Indicate in Excel (in your case select A2 all the way to C7)
  • Custom Input > (has 4 options Table, PivotTable, Range, Sheet; we will need Range or Sheet):
    * If you choose Range type Sheet1 for the worksheet name and the Range A2:C7
    * If you choose Sheet option then type just Sheet1

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Ah thank you so much explaining in so much detail. I got the point about placing the repeat row function in the right place.

However, I’m still having trouble with the text in the type, select and get functions. DO we have to manually type the text [CurrentROw] Name etc., or is there a function to select for it?

Thank you so much for your help.

1 Like

No, you can’t edit by clicking there but by click + sign of each activity > CurrentRow > Custom Input > type the name of the column you want the activity to process, here are the values for each activity:
Type Info type Name
Select Item type Birthday Month
Get Text type Unicorn Name

You are welcome and hope this was also what you were looking for.

I tried to click the + sign, but do not see ant “Current Row” option there. There is a Custom Input option though, but it looks like the below, no Current Row option

hmmm, try this, click + then Text then copy paste this <[CurrentRow.ByField("Name")]>
sry for this late reply, rough month