I need to open an excel file which gets exported on the run of the automation in the Download Folder. How do i do it in Uipath?

I need to open an excel file which gets exported on the run of the automation in the Download Folder. How do i do it in Uipath?
Once the excel gets exported from the web application , it gets saved in the download folder in my local machine. I need to open this excel file and compare it with other excel file for data reconciliation.

Hello,

What’s name of the file the name is fixed or dynamic like currentDate/Month/Year?

Cheers,
Pankaj

See it gets dowloaded with name Export.xls, thats fixed.
But if we keep exporting, it gets downloaded in the same folder , thus it get the suffix as Export1, 2, 3… and so on.

You can go through this link to access the download folder

For file name, you can prevent this by moving the downloaded excel in any other folder after it gets processed completely. You can also delete downloaded file after processing if there’s no further use of it.
So downloaded the file, process, move or delete the file and download next file.
Thanks

Hello,

I made an example which checks if export.xls exists then delete it from Download folder before downloading it. once File is download then I’m opening it through Open App scope, there are numerous ways to open. but No time to explorer much. So i chose this one.

Find an attachment.
OpenExcelFromDownloadFolder.xaml (10.5 KB)

Cheers,
Pankaj