I need to filter out the blank from datatable which column is datetime type

datatable
studio

My Excel file data show below

Then I do read range to keep data into DT1 variable datatable type (with header selected)
And I do read cell to get column name of column 2 which is datetime type, it is 12-May-18. Keep into Header variable string type

I have created the datarow type variable called DTrow1

After that I use Assign activity to do select datatable, propose to remove row 4 and 5 because of it contain blank data.

I assigned DTrow1 in the left side and DT1.Select(Header+" <>‘NULL’") in the right side.

But it shown error that “Cannot add System.DateTime to System.ToString”
How can I solve this, need your professional guy help sir.

Thank you very much.

@ChatchaiSh
Try
DT1.Select(String.Format(“ISNULL(Convert([{0}], ‘System.String’), ‘’) <> ‘’”, Your_Date_Column)

@Madhavi Thank you, I tried but It doesn’t worked. The “Header” is my variable that keep column name which is datetime type. So I replace it at “Your_Date_Column”. I’m not sure that I understand to use the suggest code or not.

Hi @ChatchaiSh,

Pls try the below.

Step1: Covert ur datatable to dataview
dataView1 = new DataView(urdata table);

Step2: use RowFilter property on dataView1(dateCol <> ‘’)
dataView1.RowFilter = “dateCol<>’’”

Step3: Assign the filtered dataview to the datatable2
datatable2=dataView1.ToTable

You will have the datatable2 which will not contain null values in the datecolumn(2nd column)

Hope it helps you.

@ChatchaiSh
It is just missing one ‘)’
DT1.Select(String.Format(“ISNULL(Convert([{0}], ‘System.String’), ‘’) <> ‘’”, Header))

@dschiranjeevi Found the error sir. For more information, In actual work sheet we have more column of date time type. That why I try to specific the date to define which date time column I want to filter.

Very grad for your helping.

@Madhavi Found the error below sir.

@ChatchaiSh
The error shows that your ‘Header’ variable doesn’t have any value. Please print the Header value before initialization and check the value.

Here is the value of Header that was show by message box

Can you print only this and check

Here’s is the string show by message box. May I share what I do in the zip coding.

Selec Filter blank out.zip (4.2 KB)

@ChatchaiSh
You might have copied the query i have written from browser and pasted there. Hence " and ’ were not recognised properly. Please find below updated xaml.
Main.xaml (10.6 KB)

@Madhavi It’s worked. I try to compare the previous one with the solved one. But can’t find that how they difference hahaha.