I need the to switch between three desktop applications in order type in text box and copy the data auto populated in one app to other app

I need the to switch between three desktop applications in order type in text box and copy the data auto populated in one app to write in text box of other app.

highlighted one in blue are add-ins under excel
2nd figure- other desktop application

I haven’t tested this, but I believe you can use the “Attach Window” activity to tell your robot to navigate to certain applications. Once before I did this and I told UiPath to also Maximize the window to ensure there were no problems.

Another solution might be to use the activity “Set Focus” on the target UiElement before you act upon it.
Hopefully this helps ya.

1 Like

When you open the window, save it to a windows variable. (Output field in the properties).

Use Activate window activity and pass the windows variable to tell the robot which window to be activated.

And then use type into activities accordingly.

Regards,
Karthik Byggari

2 Likes

Just for my own curiosity, what is use for “Attach Window” activity other than organization?

When you have two windows with same name then attach window will be used to put data into the required window.

Else it will put the window which is on top.

This is the actual difference between basic recording and desktop recording.

1 Like