I’m having trouble with the first step of this process - having the bot open the EXE for DoubleUI

I’m having trouble with the first step of this process - having the bot open the EXE for DoubleUI.

What I did:

1. Use Application / Browser resource
  2. Try to select the EXE file in WIndows Explorer (does not select the invidivual file, I don’t seem to be able to set a target). Also tried placing the full path to the EXE in the Application Path, but still no luck.

What am I missing here?

1 Like

Just run the EXE and leave the DoubleUI app window open. UiPath will identify it when you choose resource “Use Application” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, so simple!

Hi Tool -

1. You must manually open the Double UI application first.
  2. Then use the Application / Browser Select Target and click the active Double UI application.

That will solve it!

Good Luck

NYautomator

1 Like

Tks for help.
I had the exactly same problemn

For me all these answers do not work. I opened the Double UI manually then opened in UI path the application ressource and got: C:\Windows\explorer.exe I suppose my problem is that I cannot communicate to open the EXE. Nor does UI path recognize it automatically. And then: How should I open the excel file? First manually and then? Is the Excel ressource now a part of the browser application or the other way round like in the very first task? I’m really lost - no video, no explanations…