I do not understnd the REFramework variables and arguments and how they relate to each other

I have 3 challenges;

1. In what scenarios do we use any of the 3 argument types in the REFramework(in/out/inOut), and why do some arguments have the in/out prefix, in some cases and don’t in others e.g Config and in_Config when assigning the value to an imported argument?

2. What to the Transaction* variables in the main.xaml file an their respective arguments in the GetTranactionData.xaml reflect to in an automation?

3. In the Level 3 course in the academy, the Assignment 1 solution I did fails at “Processing Transaction Number:1”, returning selector errors (see attached). I’ve changed the selectors multiple times to no avail.

1. In is used to send a variable to a workflow, Out is used to receive a variable from the workflow, and IO or In/Out is used when you want to send a variable in and update it using the workflow.

2. The Transaction variables are used for manipulating properties of transaction data. TransactionData is used to house a group of transactions, TransactionItem houses the current transaction, and TransactionField is used to get granular data from TransactionItem. You do not need to use all of these, though in most cases you will at least use TransactionItem to get the current item on which you want the process to run.

3. If you use Indicate on Screen or the UI Explorer, and choose the element, this should generally not fail, though it is worth checking the selector for attributes which may vary from page to page. In your particular case, you’re trying to select an element in the browser, but there is no html header information in your selector, or you did not use an Attach Browser to get the header information.

5 Likes

Hello Anthony,
Thanks for the reply.

I also want to clarify something about dispatchers and performers. Take the UiDemo practice for example; It asks us to create a dispatcher sequence(a xaml file), and it then uses the REFramework to carry out the performer.
At no point in the automation was the dispatcher sequence invoked or called in the REframework; I had to run it separately to populate the queue.

Are Dispatcher and Performers always independent of each other(dispatcher not invoked in the REFramework), and should they always be different processes?

They are independent of one another. This is because the dispatcher and performer may need to run on separate schedules, and you can have multiple bots perform the same process on queue items if you separate the dispatcher.

1 Like

Thank you Anthony.
But must the Disptcher and Performer have to be 2 separate REFramework processes, or one can just be a sequence/flowchart process?

They can be one process, but don’t make them one when doing the academy training. I have seen business cases where it was simpler to merge the two using a sequence where the performer Main file is run after the dispatcher Main file.

1 Like

It works!

Thanks a bunch buddy. I really appreciate it.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.