I cant find the option to turn modern to classic

Hi, Team. My UiPathStudio dont show the option to turn modern to classic. Could someone help me, please?

@nevesisabela963

1 Like

Hey @nevesisabela963
you can filter it here:

For future projects you can enable it here:

1 Like

Hi @nevesisabela963

In the updated version of studio 2023.12.0, switching from modern to classic is disabled. There is no option to switch from modern to classic and classic to modern. You can check in the settings the switching option is grayed out. But still you have a chance to use the classic activities in the modern design experience.

Navigate to activities panel → click on filter → check the classic → Then the classic activities will appear in activities panel.

When you are creating a new project by default the modern design experience project is created. If you want to data scrapping of datatable you can use the Extract Table data activity which will also works same as Table extraction option in classic.

We hope this is the best opportunity to learn Modern design activities.

Hope it helps!!

1 Like

@nevesisabela963

In the latest studio modern is the only option…classic is disabled now…

You can use those activities but not the look or the classic way …you can useby going to activities-> filters->classic

There is a way to change but not recommended by opwning project.json …you can change the modern value with classic

Cheers

2 Likes

UiPath Studio has undergone a significant update, and the modern design experience is now the default. While the classic activities haven’t been completely removed, the classic interface and workflows are no longer available.

However, you can still access and use classic activities within the modern experience. To do so, simply follow these steps:

1. Open the Activities panel.
  2. Click on the “Filters” dropdown menu.
  3. Select “Show Classic Activities.”

Now, You’ll see the classic activities listed alongside the modern ones. Remember that while you can interact with these activities, the overall workflow and UI will remain in the modern format.

2 Likes

You should be working in modern. Why do you want classic?

1 Like

Hi @nevesisabela963

Classic design is Deprecated in the new update of UiPath Studio. The option to switch from Classic to Modern is grayed off. If you create a new project now, then it will be in Modern design experience by default.

You can use the Classic activities in modern design experience project, but you cannot create a new classic project.

If you very much needed to continue your automation in Classic design experience follow the below steps in the below thread to convert the project to classic design experience. THis is not an recommended one.

Regards

2 Likes

Thank you for providing the deprecation timeline Doc. I noticed this same thing yesterday when I had recently updated to 2023.12.0. After not being able to find the option, I went straight to Documentation to see if there was an update in the doc about Modern Design Experience, but there is not currently any mention of the deprecation timeline in this document.

1 Like

@nickboswell

Please find a confirmation here

Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.