I am now getting the "Cannot Communicate with Browser" error

I am reposting the Forum post below that was posted by @Heena_Saini. I did not see an answer. Today is 2/26/2020. I just began to get this with both IE and with Chrome. I am using 2019.4.4.

@lakshman posted that this was a possible solution. However the second item to solve things is to uncheck “Enable Enhanced Protected Mode” which I will not have rights to do. Is there another solution?

I would appreciate any assistance you can provide.
Jamie

1 Like

Chrome displays this AFTER successfully attaching by the way.

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
UiPath.Core.BrowserOperationException: Cannot communicate with the browser, please check the UiPath extension. ----> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Cannot communicate with the browser, please check the UiPath extension.
at UiPath.UiBrowserClass.Open(String bstrURL, UiBrowserFlags flag)
at UiPath.Core.Browser.Open(String url, Boolean privateSession, Boolean headlessSession, Boolean defaultSession)
— End of inner ExceptionDetail stack trace —
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.EndExecute(NativeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at UiPath.Core.Activities.AsyncNativeActivity.BookmarkResumptionCallback(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

1 Like

have you installed the browser extensions??
@jamiejam

I had faced this issue only once a while back.

After performing fresh installation of the latest version of chrome and then adding the extension solved the issue for me.
Just try reinstalling chrome and check if this would work for you too :grinning:.

However, never encountered this issue with IE.

Yes @Pradeep_Shiv. In fact, I did not have this error for IE until after the admin updated group policy on the PC and installed the Chrome extension.

I will have the Chrome extension uninstalled @manishjagtap. See my response to @Pradeep_Shiv a moment ago. I had built many automations targeting IE. No problems. I was trying to assess performance so I had the group policy on the PC updated and the Chrome extension installed. After that, I was getting the “Cannot communicate with browser…” error on both IE and Chrome. I will have the extension uninstalled and verify the results. Thanks very much to you both for your followup.

If you are working in a server environment and cant disable enhanced protected mode, that will be a no go for IE for sure, also maybe your network is preventing you from using any browser extensions, please make sure this is not the case as well.

1 Like

Thanks @bcorrea. I am working that today and tomorrow and will post back. This happened right after the steps were taken to install the chrome extension.