HTML to Datatable Help

Hi,

I’m using the Go! package HTML to Datatable and trying to convert a .txt with HTML to a Datatable.

I am reading a .txt file with HTML and using the output as a string variable in into HTMLText. The result is two DataTables, however, in the array they are blank. The result looks like this:

DataTable[2]

{

}

What am I doing wrong? When I open the file as a .html it works perfectly.

My goal is this: I receive a .xls file that has issues opening within studio because the extensions do not match. The file is originally a .html file and they just change the extension to .xls to open in excel.

I need to get the data out of the original .xls file to get into a Datatable. Are there any ideas on how to do this?

Just as a heads up, it looks like anything past the tabular data structure is thrown into the following data table. If you don’t need it, just ignore it. This package is really helpful because so many sites offer Excel downloads that are HTML format. Excel gives warnings while opening and GB size HTML files will either buffer on hang your PC. Since this package was written to detect and parsing HTML tags efficiently, it makes RPA more reliable for extracting and importing data from HTML files without having to deal with application layers.