How to write string using linq query

hi guys
hope you are doing well ,i have two excel sheet where is one column is common like employee id and i need to compare both column if id will match i need to write “Matched” in third sheet how could I do this ?

Hi @Aleem_Khan

Can u share the screenshot of output u need ?

table 1 table 2 image_2021-02-09_121633
![image_2021-02-09_121633|373x243]

Please find the screen shot of my table i have
two table table1,table2 where is id is common field so i need to compare both field if record match i have to take table 2 location field and find in thrid sheet if its match in need to write there Yes else No

From a in dt1.AsEnumerable() Join b in dt2.AsEnumerable() on a(“ID”).ToString Equals b(“ID”).ToString Select dt3.LoadDataRow(new Object(){b.Field(OfString)(“Location”),b.Field(OfString)(“Store Name”),b.Field(OfString)(“Remark”) },False).CopyToDataTable

1 Like

Hi @Aleem_Khan ,

Try this also,

joinTables.xaml (15.7 KB)

sample input: Input.xlsx (9.0 KB)

test with your input data.

Thanks!

i need to wirte there remark yes or no

@Aleem_Khan
give a try on following:

prepare an empty datatable with the structure of dt3

give a try on following LINQ:

(From d in dt2.AsEnumerable
Let check = dt1.AsEnumerable.Any(Function (x) x(“ID”).toString.Trim.Equals(d(“ID”).toString.Trim)
Let ra = Object(){d(“ID”),check.ToString}
Select dt3.Rows.Add(ra)).CopyToDataTable

instead of yes no it is writing True or false, but this could be adopted within another iteration

As an alternate we would do it with a left join (LINQ, Activity) from dt2 (left side) to dt1(right side) and

• evaluate the ID Col from dt1 within the join result if it is empty (=no) or not(=yes)

dt3 would just be a filter/evaluation result from the dtJoin (the join result datatable)

1 Like

Thank you so much really appreciate you could you please explain about this function
dt3.Columns(“Post_1”).ColumnName = “Remarks”
dt3.AsEnumerable.Where(Function(x) x(“ID”).ToString.Trim.Equals(x(“ID_1”).ToString.Trim)).ToList.ForEach(Sub(row) row(“Remarks”)= “Yes”)
dt3.AsEnumerable.Where(Function(x) Not x(“ID”).ToString.Trim.Equals(x(“ID_1”).ToString.Trim)).ToList.ForEach(Sub(row) row(“Remarks”)= “no”)

and please help me out where can I learn this type of query i mean how could I use foreach ,if, condition inside the query

dt3.Columns(“Post_1”).ColumnName = “Remarks” → renaming the existing column name. After doing left join we will get few extra columns in our result table. I’m changing this column name “Post_1” to “Remarks”. And deleted unwanted columns using filter datatable.

dt3.AsEnumerable.Where(Function(x) x(“ID”).ToString.Trim.Equals(x(“ID_1”).ToString.Trim)).ToList.ForEach(Sub(row) row(“Remarks”)= “Yes”) → Filtering matching rows between dt1 and dt2 using where condition. Updating “Yes” in remarks column for those filtered rows.

dt3.AsEnumerable.Where(Function(x) Not x(“ID”).ToString.Trim.Equals(x(“ID_1”).ToString.Trim)).ToList.ForEach(Sub(row) row(“Remarks”)= “Yes”) → Filtering non matching rows between dt1 and dt2 using where condition. Updating “No” in remarks column for those filtered rows.

1 Like

do you have any document to learn this query for uipath i need to use if condition like you use foreach