How to write language dependent special chars without changing keyboard layout?

Dear Community,

first of all I’m not familiar with UI Path as I’m Product Owner of another solution working togehter with colleagues that use UI Path. So please forgive me for my sins, if my wording is not proper.

The Problem: The bot fetches data from a REST Endpoint my solution provides which comes from forms a user has filled out at my platform and is transmitted to another tool / written by the bot in the corresponding fields of this tool.
The users of my platform speak different languages as they come from different countries. E.g. For a title field one english speaking/writing user could insert “a title that makes sense” while a polish user would write “tytuł, który ma sens”. The latter is an example of the problem. E.g. ł is not written into the other tool correctly.
A solution would be to set the keyboard layout on the machine the bot runs on but for that we would have to know which language this is. As we don’t have this information, here is the actual question:

Is it possible to write the actual characters independent of any keyboard layout into fields of an application? I thought about something like a script task that justs put’s the actual chars into the field or if necessary performing a ctrl+v action instead of “writing” into the field.

Thanks for your valuable help :slight_smile:

1 Like

I recommend to use the “Copy to clipboard activity”, store the value you want to type in the activity and then paste it in the required field by doing a ctrl + v. I’ve tried couple of others ways but found this to work 100% of the times.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.