How to write information from application into 1st row in Excel instead of 10th row

Dear all,

during a for each row loop the robot copies numbers one by one from Excel Column A into an application and searches for a String-Information. Then the output string should be written in the same Excel Sheet in Column B into first row.
But my problem is, that the output is written in the 10th row.

Before the loop starts I assigned Index = 0. After each search (for each row loop) the index will be increased by 1 (index = index + 1)

I use for writing the output the “write cell” activity (“B1” + index.toString() )

What do I need to change?

Thank you very much in advance!

@aaydin
"B1" + index.toString() is equal to "B1" + "0" which is cell “B10”. Remove the “1” from the first part and it should work.

1 Like

@DanielMitchell
Thank you very much for your support!

I have removed “1” and changed text:
“B”+ Index.ToString()

But I received following Error: “The range does not exist”

Add in a message box or write line immediately before where the error occurs. Put in “B” + Index.ToString and make sure it matches what you expect. I have a feeling Index is at 0. Since “B0” is not a valid range in excel, you should change it so it is “B” + (Index + 1).ToString

2 Likes

@aaydin
That’s my mistake, we should expect this error since B0 does not exist! You should instead use “B”+ (Index+1).ToString() because excel is 1-indexed not 0-indexed. Thus B1 is equivalent to index 0.

1 Like

@DanielMitchell & @Dave

Hey Guys,
Thank you very much! It works :slight_smile:

Have a good evening!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.