How to Write Datatable data into excel file without Replacing the excel formulas

Hi All,

I want to write the datatable data into excel file without replacing the existing formulas in excel.

Thanks & Regards,
Navya

Could anyone help me on this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Navya

Keep formula excel file as a template and then use write range under excel application scope. Don’t use workbook activities

1 Like

No, In the same excel file I have to write the data without replacing the formulas.
Is it possible?

Thanks & Regards,
Navya

@Navyavara - May be this would help…

This Copy/Paste Range activity will copied the data from one sheet to another sheet but In my query is how to write the Datatable data into the excel without replacing the formulas.

Thanks & Regards,
Navya

Hi @prasath17
This is something to paste a range
But to believe she would like to feed the datatable to a excel file which already has some formula

Fine in that case you need to feed the data to already existing excel with formula, using WRITE CELL activity where the cell range has to be incremented both row wise and column wise

Row wise can be done with for each row activity and for column wise we can use while loop by comparing a counter and total number of columns in the excel

The reason to go for write cell is we can’t feed along the datatable and if we do so the formula on datatable will still be fed as text only and we will be in need of getting to excel and clicking enter keys manually

Cheers @Navyavara

Hi @Palaniyappan

Thanks for the replay. In My excel file 3000 rows and 70 columns. I think it will take a lot of time to write the data in each cell.
Is there any other way to write the data in excel file without replacing the formulas?

Thanks & Regards,
Navya

Hi,

Maybe what you can try to do is to write your data in a separate sheet and then create a macro which copy/paste the data in your original sheet. By doing this way, you’ll keep your formulas and it will not be time consuming.

Good luck!

1 Like

Hi @melanie,

Is there any other way without using the macros?

Thanks & Regards,
Navya

Hi @Palaniyappan , @melanie ,

Is there any way to sort the multiple columns at once (Like custom sorting) within the excel file using UiPath.

Thanks & Regards,
Navya