How to use packages?

I have a xlsx file and I’m unable to use it with UiPath’s activity, read csv, so I’m downloading a custom package from the All Packages. The package i installed is called XLSX Reader. My question is how do I interact with this package, i tried typing XLSX in the search box and I’m not getting any activities or anything to work with it.

I have also noticed that there is a difference between activities and packages. But, it looks like the description of the XLSX Reader package has excatly what I need to do. So how do I use it?

Thanks.

Hi Michael,

In the package manager you need to search for Excel not XLSX

Then try search for read range activity in the activities panel to read .XLSX files

Read CSV is only to read the files with the extension of .CSV

Regards
Vishnu

if its a xlsx file we would be able to read it with EXCEL ACTIVITIES like EXCEL APPLICATION SCOPE activity where we can pass the excel file path as input and use READ RANGE activity to read the content of the excel which would give us the output with a variable of type datatable, but we need to have excel application installed if we are using excel application scope

or if we dont have the excel application installed we can still use WORKBOOK ACTIVITIES which has READ RANGE activity where we can mention the file path and get the output with a variable of type datatable

for this we need to have UiPath.Excel.Activities and UiPath.System.Activities package installed in the studio

Cheers @michaelamay0

1 Like