How to use OCR if the PDF format different?

Hi, i am newbie in UIpath.
I would like to ask is it possible for OCR to read/scrap different invoice format?
My problem: I have few hundreds of invoice need to check weekly. I need to download the invoice one by one and check the PDF invoice total amount, invoice number, supplier name tally to my excel records before proceed to payment. The challenging part is the supplier invoice format not fix, can be different format. Is there any solution for this? :slightly_smiling_face:

Use document understanding in UiPath

If you get the solution Mark as Solved

Regards
Chethan p

1 Like

Hi Chethan,
Wow nice, Thanks for sharing the solution! :heart_eyes:
However, i have some qns,

1. Do we only validate the invoice from the same supplier once? i.e if nextime i got 10 - 20 invoice from this same supplier (same format), i don’t need to validate again right? The machine can learn by itself?
  2. Can the bot continue to extract the rest of the invoice if there are errors in between (i,e throw out the errors, let human handle the exception, continue to work on the rest) Cause my problem is sometime my suppliers upload emails/ other type of documents instead of invoice.

1 Like

Yes

No, it won’t through any error if it’s through you have to Handel it depends on which activity is you get error use try-catch I hop it won’t through error it just gives empty value to the excel.

Regards
Chethan P

1 Like

If you get diff PDF format follow his channel he explain for the different PDF format

Regards
Chethan P

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.