How to use "List<Dictionary<Tkey, Tvalue>>"

Hello,

Have another question. I’m more or less being shoehorned into using a variable type and I have no idea how to use it. If any one could present an example of how to get this particular variable type assigned I would be super thankful. I’ve spent hours upon hours searching google and other resources trying to find a working example in any language. So if anyone has a link to any documentation on how this variable type works that would be greatly appreciated as well.

In a nutshell I have a set of transaction items setup as dictionaries(String, Object), because I thought that’s how it needed to be setup (business restrictions). I’ve gotten up to this point where I need to dump those values into this thing called lstTransactionItems and it is of the List<Dictionary<String, Object>> type. I’ve tried many different things to load values of even just a static nature into this “list” and I have had zero success.

Any help that can be given or direction would be greatly appreciated. I am happy to provide any information I can I just don’t want to weight down the subject with a book of text at the top.

1 Like

Possibly figured this out. I was not understanding the arguments correctly. Doing test runs now. Will update this with a visual solution and close the topic if someone else doesn’t beat me to it. This way it’s at least out there if someone has issues with the same thing.

TestDictionaryList = New List(Of Dictionary(Of String, Object))
Add to Collection (Set argument type to dictionary<String, Object>

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.