How to use Get Jobs activity

Hi Experts

I need some help on using the Get Jobs activity. I have not used the activity before and googled around to see if I could find a working example.

I found an example in the forum stating that you can enter “State eq ‘Running’” in the filter. But only doing that returns a “Get Jobs: Operation returned an invalid status code ‘Forbidden’” error.

From what I can see I need API Orchestrator URL - but I’m not sure where to find that. I have tried with the address to Orchestrator which obviousbly doesn’t work.

Anyone able to guide me here?

1 Like

Hello,

for API you click on your name in orchestrator and then on settings:

Second tab is Deployment where you can enable your API

Cheers,
Radomir

Thanks @Radomir_Ivankovic

The API entry is blank for me - not sure if it is because I am not an admin or if it is because the API key has not been completed.

But should I also use some kind of URL? According to the UiPath documentation it should be the API Orchestrator URL containing a filter. How will this string look?

Hello,

Yes it is possible that because you are not Admin you can not see it, there should be letters and numbers:

Please ask your admin for permission or API key

Cheers,
Radomir

Thanks @Radomir_Ivankovic

I think I found out why the Get Jobs is not working. It seems that the Robot role in Orchestrator needs View permissions to both Jobs and Environments in the role table. By default these settings seems to be disabled.

After enabling this in the Robot role table I can now retrieve the jobs from Orchestrator by using the Get Jobs activity.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.