How to use Edit Grid and Data Grid in Forms?

This tutorial may help you

3 Likes

Hi Everyone, I am new to UiPath and trying to learn forms now. I have a problem where in , I need to set the data grid column/text field components size dynamically so that it can adjust to the size of the input value. How can I do this? Thank you.

Hello,
I’m trying to set value to field dynamically in edit data grid,it is not working as expected,Can you please guide.

Thank you

You need to have enable edit option

Can you please share a sample workflow if possible

Hi Vajrang, does this work with form tasks as well?

Sure ping me at +919642229492

Vajrang

Hi Vajrang,
Can we display an element dynamically in html component which is in data grid? To elaborate, i have a datagrid with one field as HTML component. How can i refer to corresponding column in Data table to show in the form.

is it possible to load the grid in the form using a JSON File after clicking SUbmit button. Kindly revert

@Purnima_Sambasivan Can you please explain the usecase more in detail?

@d_rathi Yes. we can have dynamic HTML element for each row in grid.

html inside grid.xaml (9.5 KB)

Please find the above workflow. Please let me know if you have any queries.

2 Likes

@Tamilselvan I have a search box with a submit button in my form. I also have a data grid that stores values from excel. So in the load, I pass the default values from the excel to the grid ( by using a JSON file).

Now when I enter a value in the search box and press submit, I want to refresh this grid with the new values from Excel . This part I am not able to do. Needed guidance here

Hi @Purnima_Sambasivan It is not possible with input Json.
alternatively you can have data table in form fields collection to bind with grid.
on click of button you can change the value of datatable in DO block. it will update the form with new gird.

oh if I update the table in Do form it aumatcially updates the grid is it? great! will try it out. Thank you.

Hi actually I want to just print the values which i have given to data grid for text fileds .By using message box it is not working so can you help mi out?
Thanks

HI, You got the solution for that?
i had a similar requirement. I want to take the data inside a colum in a datagrid. Can you tell me how to get the data ???

hello ,Yes I got it
After Deserialize JSON use for each in that pass output of Deserialize JSON in for each .
Simply use log message/message box to print value using item(“SrNo”).ToString

Instead of SrNo you use your field value which is from UiPath form

Maybe my question is not relevant… but how can I get row count of editGrid or DataGrid within form at run-time, using javascript? Appreciate any help.

1 Like

Hi Uttam,

Can you upload same xaml if possible. I am doing same but for some reason the values are not popingup in the textbox with in Data grid. Below is what i am doing.

1.Read Jason and deserialize to jason object
2.Build DT and get specific values from jason(by now my DT has 4 columns as per requirement and multiple rows)
3.Convert DT to Jason string with JasonConvert.SerializeObject(DT)
4. In form, i have data grid which has text boxes to show data captured. Input i am passing as
FormFieldInput: “{grid:”+jasonString+“}”

With this it is creating N number of Rows, but values are not shown. But when i print and see i have values in the variable.