How to use Edit Grid and Data Grid in Forms?

Thanks …

I will check it but my question was for input data…

1 Like

Hi Uttam, did you find solution for your requirement? I have similar requirement. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Uday

Yes I got solutions… please describe your requirement, will help you…

The requirements is similar to you posted. Will pass vehicle details and user need to select vehicle (Check box) and enter their comments. I need to get comments for only selected vehicles to process further in the work flow.

I am trying to pass the vehicle data in JSON and trying to show in grid along with Comments(textbox) and Select (Check box) and get response back but not succeed, your help would be much appreciated.

There will be mainly 2 processes:

A. Custom Form prepare input data

1. SerializeObject the list of the vehicle – ( I have used datatable for multiple records)
  2. prepare JSON string for input data that you want to display like :- "{""vehicle"": " + vehicleJSON+ "}"
  3. use this JSON string as CustomeForm input
  4. Also, you will get the value of the checkbox or input box that in the output of Custom form after submit

B. Custome form design

1. Use Data Grid Component - set field key as “vehicle”
  2. Use Basic Component inside the grid, like text box, radio button, checkbox with Feild Key same as field name in JSON Object or it will return although it will not included in input JSON
2 Likes

Thank you for the detailed description, I will try this.

Perfect, able to create a form and passed the JSON array data and got response back. Thanks for your help.

Hi @Tamilselvan ,

I’m trying to display a data table to user using Form designer activity. We are building this POC for attended robots.

We have a use case where bot will display a table and user will filter and choose records. Those records will be used as inputs for further automation. Can you help me with this?

Example:

Thanks,
Ashok

Hii Ashok,

I have given solution for this in above trail… you can check this - How to use Edit Grid and Data Grid in Forms? - #12 by uttam.kukadiya

Thanks @uttam.kukadiya!

That helped! Is there a way user can filter the grid at column level?

Thanks,
Ashok

As per my known there is no option for grid column filter same like normal web grid.

Hi, @uttam.kukadiya can you upload an example to see how this can be done?

you can check this Tutorial on how to use datagrids Using Forms|Table in forms data Grid edit grid|Forms edit grid|UipathForms#5|#vajrangtalks|#uipath - YouTube

1 Like

This tutorial may help you

3 Likes

Hi Everyone, I am new to UiPath and trying to learn forms now. I have a problem where in , I need to set the data grid column/text field components size dynamically so that it can adjust to the size of the input value. How can I do this? Thank you.

Hello,
I’m trying to set value to field dynamically in edit data grid,it is not working as expected,Can you please guide.

Thank you

You need to have enable edit option

Can you please share a sample workflow if possible

Hi Vajrang, does this work with form tasks as well?