How to use computer vision if selectors are not working for a particular Button

I am working on a self project and dealing with checkout button at the end of online shopping.
I used the selector first and tried to indicate element with multiple items available and failed.

So was wondering if I could use Computer Vision and if Yes, How ?

1 Like

Never mind , I researched a little and used CV scope ,used the licenses and URL available , gave the entire page for the scope and used click for the checkout . It worked . Thank you

1 Like

Hey @sharath.vattikunta

It’s great that you have made it work with CV. Cool :slight_smile: :+1:

But just curious to know if that checkout button is from a web app & what’s the issue with selector please ?

Thanks
#nK

Hey Nithin

I used it in Bestbuy .
Added a product → Go to Cart → supposed to click on checkout. First time it worked. When I had to run it multiple times it didnt . I tried to validate it in Ui explorer . Used Ui framework options , tried anchor base . Issue is parent Id changing every single time the page is refreshing, so selectors are not reliable in my case. Rather than click image or any other image based which are not reliable as well. I went with computer vision .

1 Like

Hey @sharath.vattikunta

Could you please show the selector in Ui-Explorer with selector attributes and property panel visible.

Mostly the proper reliable selector can be chosen with proper element tag and aaname/innertext attribute which should work fine (All the others can be removed from the selector)

Thanks
#nK

Hello @sharath.vattikunta

If it worked for a single time, then its not the problem with the click activity. You need to check the selector and confirm whether any dynamic values are there. if its there you need to repalce that with a wildcard “*”

@Nithinkrishna

May be you misunderatood what I said .
Most of the selectors doesnt even need innertext . I used almost 23 orher slectors throughtout the project only based on tag and aa name

Issue here is this particular selector is not getting recognized . That particular page with bestbuy is constantly changing internally . I used different combination of attributes and its not able to validate. Then I did check with anchorbase as well which didnt work either.

Apart from one single time at the beginning out of 15 times It couldnt validate.
I am fine with what I did. Thank you

1 Like

Okay but the button text which is like Checkout is not changing right ?

Yes , Its not changing and Its not validating either . Infact I was surprised. I used both aa name , inner text , tag etc. Parent id is constantly changing so I ignored it.

1 Like

Hey @sharath.vattikunta

If that is the case, I still feel that it should be possible with selector.

The main thing I’m concerned here is not go with CV for just automating one click which involved additional licensing & cost.

If you can show a snap of the Ui-Explorer will be great to understand do the troubleshooting & optimization.

Thanks
#nK