How to use Add Transaction item?

Hi All,

I have an unattended bot and it have 100 transaction(so each transaction item holding path of the file).
first bot ran and added all the items in the queue it will be in “New” state and started the first transaction it become “In progress”.
Now, I have one requirment that I need to process immediately one file which is not available in 100, so now I need to create one process, in that I need to use Add transaction item so that it will add as “In progress” and once current transaction is completed, bot will pick this transaction.

This is my understanding, is it correct or what. Please clarify on this

Thank you all

By using Add Transaction item the item is added to queue and immediately set to In Progress.

Another option for you would be to add the item with a higher priority than the other ones with Add Queue Item activity. This would ensure it is picked before the others.

@Sharanabasava

thats wrong…if you want to add an item to queeu and process it immediately (note n
; no completion of previous item is involved)

then you can use add transaction item

if you want it to be processed as next transaction then set the priority to a higher one than the ones already present so that the item is picked immediately after the current item is completed

cheers

if that item is not added previously then I need to create new sequence and execute it. so that it will get added in the queue with state as “In progress”, so it will pick the transaction once the current transaction is completed?

@Sharanabasava

If the item is not already present then why do you want to add it as in progress item …add it as a new item only and let it get picked

If you want it to be picked immediately as mentioned set a higher priority

Cheers

but already it is in unattended mode and deployed, so now I cannot set as higher priority.
Then in this case? I want to execute this item immediately

@Sharanabasava

If add transaction item can be used …then you can use add queuee item only in that place and just use priority as high as I believe for remaining youa re using normal only

Unattended or attended would jot make a difference here

Cheers

Okay, what my understanding is
Need to a make new sequence, use the Add queue item activity and set priority as High.
Then it will pick that transaction.

@Sharanabasava

Yes …then after the current transaction it would pick the currently added one as the priority of it is the highest of all

Cheers

Thank you Anil and efelantti

1 Like

I have one more doubt,
if already queue items have set priority as “High” for existing items, then how will be the approach in this case?

@Sharanabasava

So to explain…first priority is taken into consideration

As you said if already high priority is there for items then deadline is considered…ao you can set a deadline to the item you are adding so that …the item you add takes more priority

Cheers

Thank you for your explanation and patience.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.