How to update the status and comments correctly if any expectation occurred in re framework

Hi Team,

I have added few data like( invoice Number, Account Number, Date ,Customer name )in to Excel and in the process state I need to add the status and comments.

I am using Reframewprk,
1st transaction complete bot will add the status (Success/Business Exception ) and comments…

In transaction status I am using write cell activity to write the status and comments.

If any transaction failed bot will re try the same transaction but the issue is BOT didn’t add the status and comments in failed Transction.
For example if 2 nd row is failed bot will go to next transaction and ran and write the data in to 2 nd row.
Failed Transction will re try and bot write the status and comments in last rows.

I want to write the status and comments in 2nd row if any transaction failed or retired.

Please suggest

@Baby123,

You should be updating the status with write cell in Set Transaction Status workflow after Exception handling logic.

Thanks,
Ashok :slight_smile:

Hi @ashokkarale ,
thanks for quick response.

If 2 nd transaction item got failed due to application issue ,
Bot will got next transaction item but the transaction number will be 2 so for 3rd transaction item bot is taking transaction number as 2 so bot will write the status and comments in failed Transction( in 2nd line in the summary report but I need to write the 3rd Transction item details in 3 line in the summary report.

Kindly suggest

@Baby123,

You should be adding logic to keep same transaction item in case of System exception. You can achieve this by following these steps:

1. In Success & Business Exception Transitions add one assign activity to set Transaction Item to Null. This we will require to check if need to get next transaction to process or retry same.

2. Changing direction of out_TransactionItem argument direction to In/Out and add one if condition to check if it is Null then get next transaction else continue with same transaction Item.

Thanks,

Hi @ashokkarale ,

I didn’t understand clearly, Can you please provide me the sample Reframewprk flow if possible.

Thanks

@Baby123,

Here is sample code. Hope this will help.
Test1.zip (4.2 KB)

Thanks,

Hi @ashokkarale ,

Let me explain my scenario clearly.
For example I have 3 rows of data in my excel.
I need to process 3 rows data using Reframewprk after each transaction ended I need to add the status and comments in the input excel.

For example 1st transaction got sucess and bot will write and status and comments correctly.
For 2nd Transction got failed due to application exceptions and bot will execute the 3 Rd transaction and got sucess. Then bot will retire the failed Transction 2 again right?

Here after execution of failed Transction and it got failed or success I need to write the data in my excel sheet in the 2 nd row itself. Not in the 4 th row because in the 2nd row is the failed Transction I need to add the status and comments when the failed Transction got retired.

Note: after Transction got sucess or failed or business exception.i am just adding the status and comments
Remaining rows are available in the input sheet.

Based on transaction number I will write the status and comments.
If any application exceptions occurs I will goes to next transaction and execute all the pending onces and I will retire the failed Transction. Bot will write the status and comments in the last row but here I need to write the data in the 2 nd row it self .