What is the procedure to uninstall UiPath Insights?
Note: Applicable to Sisense-supported versions of Insights, i.e. up until v2021.4.
A clean uninstall of Insights would be effective in the below scenarios:
- To perform a fresh install of Insights on the same server that was leveraged for a previous installation (entities from a previous installation can hinder the reinstall process)
- To stop leveraging Insights for some reason
Uninstalling Insights would consist of two aspects:
- Removing the Insights application and all associated leftover installation files from the server
- Disabling Insights from Orchestrator (in case one no longer wants to leverage the same)
Perform the below detailed steps:
- Removing the application and installation files:
- Firstly, follow the steps 1-4 mentioned under the Insights Installation - Note section (if applicable for the version of Insights).
- Next, for step 5 in the same document, navigate to the "Control Panel" and open up the "Programs & Features". Select "Insights Installer", right click and choose "Uninstall".
- Proceed with the uninstallation.
- Once the uninstallation has completed, go back to the File Explorer, and delete the following folders, if they exist:
- C:\Program Files\Sisense
- C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath
- Delete the "C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Orchestrator\Tools" folder
- Ensure that the below registry entries are deleted.
- Disabling Insights from Orchestrator: Follow the below steps:
- Open the Orchestrator server, and on the "Start" menu, type "Add or Remove Programs". From the list of all programs, click on "UiPath Orchestrator" and select "Change/Modify".
- Keep clicking on "Next" until you reach the "Product Features" screen. Click on "Insights Integration" here and choose "Entire feature will be unavailable" option under the same, as shown:
- Once this is done, go ahead and reset your IIS (type "iisreset" in CMD opened in Admin mode), and restart the Orchestrator website from IIS. Browse for the Orchestrator and check if the changes are reflected.
If the Insights tab is still visible, follow these additional steps:
- Login to your "host" tenant and click on the respective tenant where you wish to disable Insights. Towards the right, an icon with 3 dots shall be visible. Click on that and choose "Enable/Disable features"
- Ensure that "Insights" is unchecked as shown:
- Open UiPath.Orchestrator.dll.config file and search for "Insights.ModuleEnabled" parameter and set this to "false".
- Reset the IIS and restart the Orchestrator website after making any changes.