How to setup Insights data cube build alerts?
Issue Description: How to setup Insights data cube build alerts?
Background: When managing Insights it can be helpful to use alerts to identify when a build has failed. If a build has failed, the data in the dashboard will not be refreshed with new data.
Setting Build Alerts
- The following can be done by an individual user or by the Insights admin.
- Go to https://<insights url>/app/settings
- Select 'Data Sources' under 'Data Management'
- On the top right screen, select 'Add Build Alert'
- Give the build alert a meaning full name.
- Typically alerts are wanted for 'Build failed' and 'Build succeeded after failure'
- It is OK if a build fails as long as it recovers.
- Select which cubes to send alerts for.
- Select the middle persons tab
- Assign the users who should receive the alert.
- For all users who the alert is assigned to, the alert will show up in the Pulse tab after going to https://<insights URL>/app/
- If emails have been configured, users assigned the alert will also be sent an email.