How to select particular value from list

Providing below value in selector:

and its changed as

Getting same error

any update?

You are editing the selector incorrectly as shown by the “&quot” appearing in your output.

you need to make it dynamic, i.e. add the Lsstatic variable, in the selector properties window in Studio:

Here:

I would advise you to visit the documentation on how to edit selectors and build them dynamically.

sent as below:

but getting same error.

“”

is showing under studio:

"<ctrl name='?AA"+Lsstatic+"&#X9;?AAManual Entry - CV0035&#x0;?AA8/07/19&;x9;?AA0' role='list item' />"

Try the longer version. If what you are saying is correct, this should work.

The logic is that this is the selector you say exists on the web page and you want to select it

You want to do this by replacing the TESDD substring with your variable Lsstatic which has a value of TESDD in your testing.

So it should work. You should at least be able to validate the raw string in the UiExplorer before making it dynamic.

I tried but nothing is working.

I removed find element activity and tried the same thing in click activity and getting below new error:

CLick picked the correct batch but not able to click this is what i understand from error.

its taking some special characters like &#X, how to overcome from this

@nadim.warsi

You can remove substrings by using the string.replace(“old substring”, “newsubstring”) syntax.

In your case, you would need an assign activity acting on the Lsstatic variable before passing it to the selector:

Lsstatic = Lsstatic.Replace(“&#X”,“”)

I applied like this, don’t know this is correct method or not:

Getting below error:

You have done some manipulation on Lsstatic and output it to newVar correct?

Why do you still use Lsstatic in your selector?

Tried with below selectors and getting same error:

list is like this:

and when i click it select all fields:

is there any other way to select my batch

I think right now there is no way to select it.
the thing is that if you have access to that particular application you will provide me solution for it but no issue . I will do this thing manually .

Thanks alot @ronanpeter for providing information and i learnt basic things from you.

@ronanpeter I don’t know how i did
but i did.

i used screenscrapping and check what is ocr ,native full text picking up.

so i used Native and select only region for the batchs .

I worked on citrix so i used click image activity .

then i used that variable and i don’t need to replace any characters

and its working fine.

i am able to select the batch created by me.

Again thanks to you.

In one web series i heard a dialogue.

“Kamre mein andhera hai aur aapko bulb jalana hai na, to switchboard pe haath-per maarte rahoge na to kisi na kisi switch se to light jal jayegi.”

BATCH_SELECT.xaml (16.5 KB)

Thanks All
Thanks UIForum.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.