How to select first instance only where it matches a condition - from Data Scraping

I’ve extracted this data from a web browser via Data Scraping and would like to select the:

• first instance of the filename containing “.NAI”
  • first instance of the filename containing “.NBU”
  • first instance of the filename containing “.CX1”
    I’ve limited the MaxNumberofResults to 10, as sometimes there can be additional daily files but there will always be 1 or more rows with the above filename extensions.

What is the best way to do this? I tried the ‘For each’ but that selected each item containing those extensions (.NAI, .NBU, .CX1).

Example

1 Like

Hi @amychh

Theres alot of way to get the value you can use right method of string and get the character. Or use substring to get it

cheers

1 Like

Thanks, the main issue for me is to select only the first instance - do you have any advice on only picking up the first instance and not all others?

1 Like

Hi @amychh
This article might be helpful to you.

cheers :smiley:

Happy learning :smiley:

Appreciate you reply pattyricarte :slight_smile:
However I think I may not be properly explaining my problem.

I want to click and download three files.
The first listed file that ends in .NBU
The first listed file that ends in .NAI
The first listed file that ends in .CX1

As there are many files ending in these extensions, but I only want to click and download the very first instance of these extensions.

Is there a way to identify the first match?

From the link you sent me, I can see that it is manipulating the string but I am interested in only identifying the first match. Am I mis-intepreting the link you shared?