How to select a row in a webtable using some column value as reference?

datatable
activities

Hi,

I have an application where i need to pick a row in the webtable based on column value.
How can i do that using UI path?

below are the table headers and I Need to select the rows bases on status col value as ‘New’

Thanks,
Vishal Kumar

Hi Guys.

Did any one has a solution ?

Thanks,
Vishal Kumar

@vishal.kumar,

Extract the webtable using ExtractStructuredData activity and use following query,

Try DataRow[] dtrow = (Datatable Variable).Select("[ColumnName]=‘New’ ")

Suggest : You can find many solutions in the forum if just go through.

Regards,
Dominic :slight_smile:

Hi Dominic,

Below is my xaml and selector i used is

when i write the output dt into excel, it is giving me error - Extract Data : Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: s I am not sure from where this error is coming

Thanks,
Vishal

@vishal.kumar, Can you check the selector once more ? If possible can you share the Xaml File ? (If its not confidential)

Regards,

Hi Dominic,

I am using the attached the CSV file. I need to get the rows with Owner Last Updated = Nobody in particular and write into an excel/word.

I am using the below filter on datatable to get the desired rows.
DataRow[] assignedTic=TicketInfoTable.Select("[Owner Last Updated]=Nobody in particular")

When i run this i am getting Syntax error: The items following the IN keyword must be separated by commas and be enclosed in parentheses.

Could you please help me on this

Thanks
Vishal kumar

testTicket.zip (883 Bytes)

hey Dominic

I found out the answer. value should be enclosed in quotes

DataRow[] assignedTic=TicketInfoTable.Select("[Owner Last Updated]=‘Nobody in particular’")

Thanks,
Vishal Kumar

@vishal.kumar, wishes bro !

Regards,

Hey @599712,

Can you suggest a way to get all the filtered rows into doc or xls. I meant - Say, i have 10 rows with 6 columns and based on data table filter it matches only 3 rows and i need to get all the 3 rows along with 6 columns information into an excel or word. Any help for this ??

Thanks,
Vishal Kumar

@vishal.kumar, Use following LINQ Query in Assign activity,

Assume,
dt - Your datatable with 10 rows and 6 columns
Column Name - Based on which column u filter
Value - Based on the value u filter

Datatable dtFinal = dt.AsEnumerable().Select("[Column Name]= ‘Value’").CopyToDatatable()

Now use this dtFinal datatable to write in excel.

Note: Let me know if u have any concern ! And you have many posts in forum with clean answers just refer it for more knowledge on this !

Regards,