How to search for a specific word from one excel to another excel and highlight that keyword

I want to search for a specific keyword and highlight that keyword. i am unable to find the keyword and highlight it. How do i highlight the keyword? Please help me to resolve the issue.

1 Like

is that keyword lies in any specific column
Cheers @sneha_arbole

@sneha_arbole,

Do you want to highlight the keyword alone or the whole cell where the keyword is available?

yes it lies in specific column,but i dont know the which column it lies i need to search it.

I want to highlight the keyword alone

Fine
Hope these steps would help you resolve this
—use a excel application scope and pass the file path as input
—inside the scope use read range activity and get the output with a variable of type datatable named dt
—now use a for each row activity and pass the variable dt as input
—inside the loop use a assign activity like this
str_colname = IF(row.ItemArray.ToList.IndexOf(“your keyword”) > 0, Convert.ToChar(row.ItemArray.ToList.IndexOf(“your keyword”)+65).ToString,String.Empty)

Where str_colname is a string variable with default value as string.empty

—then next to this use a IF condition like this
NOT String.IsNullOrEmpty(str_colname.ToString)

If true it will go to THEN apart where we can use a SET RANGE COLOR activity and mention the range as
str_colname+(dt.Rows.IndexOf(row)+2).ToString
And color as System.Drawing.Color.Red

Cheers @sneha_arbole

**str_colname = IF(row.ItemArray.ToList.IndexOf(“your keyword”) > 0, Convert.ToChar(row.ItemArray.ToList.IndexOf(“your keyword”)+65).ToString,String.Empty)
I did not understand, why you taken 0 and 65. Can you please elaborate it,

@sneha_arbole,

In excel you can not highlight a word alone in a cell.

if there is no keyword in a row, it will give index as -1 so have set a condition should be more than 0
and if so it will get the index of the column and gets added with 65 because 65 ascii code is A
which is then added with row index +2 to find the cell position like A2 , or A3…like that

Cheers @sneha_arbole

1 Like

Thank You

1 Like

cheers @sneha_arbole

The key word is not getting highlighted…

Did that step included
@sneha_arbole

Yes i have included that step

Hi @sneha_arbole,

And also you can try the find activity to search the word inside excel.

Regards
Balamurugan.S