How to run web automation with out opening browser?

Hi, I’m doing an web automation. used simulate type/click methods and get text and used ‘hidden’ option in ‘open browser’ activity. Even then tool opening the browser. Cannot we do the entire operations with out opening the browser ?

I dont think it will be possbile to do with out opening at least once…
Either it could be “Opening Browser” or “Start Process”

:slight_smile:

it is not possible to do web automation without a browser. the reason is because most of the (contemporary) webpages are generated on the fly when opened inside a browser via javascript and styling scripts.

regarding the “hidden” part which is not working, could you advise what browser are you using (ie / chrome)?

Use “Hidden” in IE.
You’ll need to use only background automation (SimulateType or WindowMessages) for all the UI actions.

3 Likes

Hi @badita, Can we get activities such as “Get Text” / “Extract Structured Data” work in background automation?

GetText should work in the background.
Extract Structured Data… not so sure. Would need to test (for both single and multi-page extraction to see if next link click doesn’t break it). Unless someone already knows …?:slight_smile:

Hi all.

I’m using Open Browser activity but it still showing the browser in foreground.
I have active Hidden and Private option (because i need an incognito browser). My BrowserType is Chrome. If someone could help me i’ll be thankful.

Regards
J.