How to run the process through robot?

Can i get proper step by step process in project publish procedure?

From studio to till end schedule part

1 Like

Here it is @ganesh_rajan

Hi @ganesh_rajan
hope you are doing good
here you go
Kindly check with these stuffs that would surely resolve your issue
— first create a machine in orchestrator and that machine name should be same as in your system
To get that name go to start-> search as robot-> settings and get the machine name from there and paste the same while creating machine in orchestrator and copy the machine key after this from orchestrator and paste it in your system robot tray and mention the orchestrator url as well
— the. Make sure that we have a robot created in the orchestra with the same machine name and while entering the detail for username and password go to cmd window and type as whoami which will give use domain and username, enter the same in the orchestrator while creating robot
— create a environment now In the robot tab and tag the robot created in the previous step to this environment
— now back to our system in robot tray we have machine key, and orchestrator url mentioned readily and now we can connect
–once after connecting the machine to the orchestrator come back to our studio
go to execute tab and press publish, the project will get published to our orchestrator with a project version
–now come back to orchestrator, go to process tab and create a process by pressing on + symbol at the right top corner,
–there while trying to type itself we will be getting the process name in the process field, the one we published from our studio
–then select the from the drop down and after the choose a environment and create a process
–now we have published and created a process in orchestrator so final step is to run that process
–go to JOBS tab and press play button at the right top corner
and type in the process name and we will be getting the environment name and select the robot under that environment (the robot which is connected to the machine where we want to execute our process)

thats all you are done
you have published and ran the process successfully
hope this would help you
kindly try this and let know for any queries or clarification
Cheers @ganesh_rajan

2 Likes

Without studio installer.how can i install only a robot in my another machine?

1 Like

yah of course
we can
Cheers @ganesh_rajan

may i know the steps?

1 Like

sorry for the delayed response
sure
here you go
hope these document can guide you on the requirement and process to be carried out
but you must have a .msi file like this
that is you can select what to install while installing with this file UiPathStudio.msi

kindly let know for any queries or clarification
Cheers @ganesh_rajan

1 Like

I want to do some automation in another machine through uipath via Remote Desktop connection.May i know further steps?.so far i never try this citrix automation.

Fine
–we need to have a citrix - that is a Remote desktop connection available for this to be continued
–then we have two options to execute the process in the RDP
–either we can create a process to connect from our local machine to the remote desktop with the remote desktop connection wizard by clicking and typing our RDP credentials and then taking forward the process to be executed in the citrix environment
–or we can install a robot alone or complete uipath tool out there in the RDP and we can connect that machine with a robot to our orchestrator and run the process developed from our local machine to the remote machine

Cheers @ganesh_rajan

till that RDP login part.i’ve created till that login part.After that i don’t know which activities.i need to use

1.want to create some file in that system.

Do i need to add these add-ons?

If i try to use selector method option.Then i got this warning window.

usually we wont able to select the elements in the citrix environment as they image been projected to us from a different server
so either we can use image based activities like click image, find image etc
or
we can use recent development called Computer vision activities which has the ability to select the field as individual elements in citrirx environment which will be very usefull for you

Cheers @ganesh_rajan

1 Like

thank palaniyappan.let me try.do i need to put api key from our portal correct?

I’m using cvtype into for password field.while typing i’m getting this error.may i know the why?

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.