How to run multiple process simultaneously on orchestrator on same machine?

I have a foreground process(15mins) that uses UI Interaction and runs on a machine as unattended bot.
I have a background process(3 mins) that does not include any UI interaction (simply loading item to Queue) and runs on a machine as unattended bot.
I need to Run both of these processes same time on same machine.
How to run multiple process simultaneously on orchestrator on same machine?
Please help me with the steps to follow

@divya.bhadrap

Set the second process as a background process and then if you have two licenses you can run both of the them on the same machine …you only need to run or schedule at same time

Cheers

You’ll just need to ensure that the background process is marked as such in the Project Settings. Then you should be able to run it concurrently with 1 unattended process on the same unattended robot.

Reference: Studio - Background Process (uipath.com)

Hello @Anil_G , Thanks for your reply.
Yea, I have set the second process as background but I have only one license.

@divya.bhadrap

Then you cannot run at the same time

cheers

I mean if its ok for the execution to be sequential then do 1 thing.

At the end of the first process, trigger the second process with Start process activitiy.

If you want both to be running parallelly then you need two licenses.

If possible try and get a trial license in the meantime.

Have you tried it? I think it’s actually possible to run 1 x foreground and multiple background processes concurrently, even with 1 license.

That’s correct, for attended robots. For Unattended - Robot - Background Process Automation - https://docs.uipath.com/:

This is only available for Attended Robots . When using Unattended Robots to run multiple Processes at the same time, each Running Process consumes a separate license.

@divya.bhadrap
If you have only one runtime them you will not be able to run at the same time.
Only if one Job ends and the runtime is free then you can run other process.

Oh I see! Thanks, now I know :slight_smile:

Use different logins (robots) and you can run as many jobs on one machine as you have licenses.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.