HOW TO RUN A ROBOT WHEN WINDOW IS LOCKED

I’M RUNNING AN UNATTENDED ROBOT AND I ALREADY SET IT IN ORCHESTRATOR BUT IT DOESN’T ENTER THE WINDOWS SESSION.

Can you elaborate your question? What is “Window is blocked”? Can you run your unattended bot from Orchestrator when your “Window” is not blocked?

Hi! Welcome to the community!

when you’re run the process from orchestrator even if the desktop is locked it should be work.

Have you triggered your process at what time that process should run?

For checking the process which is running on locked screen you have to monitor the process in jobs section inside the orchestrator.

if you don’t want to run the process from orchestrator have a view on this thread

Regards,
NaNi

Hi @gap,

If you are running the process from orchestrator via un attended mode you should disconnect from bot vm and make sure that no users are connected to that vm. Un attended means the process will run without any human interaction. So dont lock bot vm and run process from orchestrator. If you run process un attended from orchestrator bot will make connection to the vm which we are running.

Make sure that check below points before running process in un attended automation.

1. Install the uipath bot with msi file so that bot will install with service mode. Service mode robot needed to run un attended proces.

2. Make sure that you assigned un attended robot license for the bot you are assigned to run this process from orchestrator.

3. Since we are running this process un attended from orchestrator make sure that no user session connect to vm.

I hope the above points might helpful for your requirement. Thanks.

Hi @gap

Refer the thread

In Robot type - > Need Select “Service Mode”

Regards
Gokul

1 Like

Hi. I dont run robot from vm, It running in a physical machine. Then I can run it in back but robot can´t unlocked window with my user and password, it just run in back.

@gap exactly it runs unattended in background even though your screen is locked

As explained by
@THIRU_NANI earlier

1 Like

ok, but robot do not write my user and password to unlocked window, runs process and locked window again? or it runs just in background

thanks

It just runs in background if it’s not ui related

Enterprise Edition : Usually the Robots are installed in the Windows Servers, Every windows user account can be accessible by Remote Desktop Connection. Windows servers are ready to login/logout as instance and always ready to serve that’s why we call it as Server. Sure the bot will automatically login into the windows bot user and start’s the process. If the bot user is already been used by someone, it will take the existing user session and start’s the process.

In Community Edtion : We might have login into the machine, unless it’s doesn’t seem work. otherwise it’s same as the enterprise edition. Also community edition can’t be install on the all users, if you want to install then you need to install them individually

Also have a look on the above link

Hi!

I hope you have connected your machine with robot. if not try this.

1.Tenant->Manage Access->Select your account->Edit->Robot Setup->Run Foreground automation

provide the following

Domain/Username

Win+R → TYPE whoami->copy the code and provide it in Domain/Username

Credential store

Orchestrator Database

Password

Your windows password

Credential type

Windows credentials

Then click on save.

If you’re running this process from orchestrator this will work in locked screen also

Regards,
NaNi

1 Like

Hi!

I tried this way and I’m still struggling to unblock windows session. This does not worl at all.

The error that UiPath assintant gives me is “Cannot bring target application in foreground becasue th Winfows session is locked”.

Do you have any other approach that could be helpful?

I’m running a bot throught Orchestrator with a time trigger. At this moment I am able to run any bot if the Windows session is unlocked.

1 Like