How to revert back to UIPath community edition

installed and Enabled the Uipath enterprise edition.
Unable to install Tools> Java Extensions. I got error #4 : Installation failed.
Hence could not use and test on the Enterprise Edition.

Wanted to revert back to the community edition.
Uninstalled the UiPath Enterprise Edition.
Downloaded the community edition. installed it and tried to activate the community edition.

Activation failed with error: 0
Error description: Cannot use Community Edition on this machine after activating a trial or Enterprise license code. Please enter a valid license key.
License status: Device ID already activated

Device ID: wgG3QUxCm7pXvOikqdBs

Does it mean that I can never install a community version on my machine?
I need help to revert back to the community version on my machine which has enterprise licence code activated.

Hi there @gursikh133,
Unfortunately, after you have activated a license, you are unable to revert to CE.

This is discussed in the below post:

The exact notes are:

!!! You cannot go back to Community Edition after activating a license key on a machine. It contravenes with CE terms and conditions. After you have once activated a device with a license code in the past you cannot use the free edition on the same device . After code activation, the device ID remains registered in the system and it does not allow you to go back and activate CE.

With that said, you may be able to reach out to UiPath support team to resolve this:

In special situations where the above should be approved (going to Community after using a trial or license key) you will need to reach out to support and give details on your request and also provide the device ID of the machine. If the request is approved, support will release the device ID from the system and it will be possible to activate CE.

Thanks in advance,
Josh

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.