How to retry the in progress queue item

During process, If the process stuck and fails in between the queue item is marked as In progress. After resuming the process the New queue item is picked. Then the In progress queue item is left out, Is there any way to retry the queue item which is marked as In Progress status

2 Likes

Can you please elaborate more.

In the process flow, suddenly at the particular transaction item processing, process is stopped. When we are running the process again, the get transaction item picks the queue item which is state new, and queue item in the status in progress is left out. Is there any way to retry the process for the transaction item which is marked as In-Progress

@Mani_Mani Make sure that you put a retry number in the config file, that many time the progress got retry if it fails but only possible in business exception and not in system exception

The process is failed in between the process(It can also be a forced failure), there is no exception like system or business

@Mani_Mani But check if the Max-retry Number
is set to minimum “2” in the config file.

Config file is not used in this process

@Mani_Mani Give me a screen shot if possible.

Hi @Mani_Mani - Yes, you are correct. BOT will not pick the In-Progress Queue Item. I think that queue item will get closed after 24hrs. Hence that needs to be triggered manually or that needs to be re-queued again to process it.

Thanks,
AK

1 Like

Is there any solution to make the bot do that?

@Mani_Mani Use “Try catch” activity it will automatically restart the process.

@Mani_Mani - Try to use Set Transaction Status activity in the place wherever you find any interrupted when processing a Queue Item.

Thanks,
AK

1 Like

This is the Queue transaction item. How can I process the In-Progress item?

Attached it above

Try to use Set Transaction Status activity in your flow, in the place wherever you find any process interruption while processing a Queue Item. Hence that Queue Item will not be in the status Inprogress anymore. Try that if possible.

Thanks,
AK

1 Like

If it is a forced stop!!! We cant guess it nah???

Then put a condition that with “ShouldStop” activity or Exception. If these two occurs then use Set Transaction Status else the transaction will go to either Success or Fail

Thanks,
AK

InprogressToNewStatu.xaml (8.2 KB)
Hi You can retrieve all the items in in_progress status and then postpone those items to now to make the status new again. I’ve added the sequence for this. Just write the queue_name argument and use it.

27 Likes

Thanks Ygulas,

Your solution worked for me! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This was very helpful. Thank you.

1 Like