How to resue Terminal Connection

activities

OutputConnection: optional, one may specify an output variable (of type TerminalConnection) in order to be used later in other terminal sessions.

How to use terminal connection in another workflow.
i have created a variable in outconnection and passed it to existingconnection of another terminal but its not working, any help on these??

Hey,

What does the error say and do you have any screenshots? As far as if there is a problem with UiPath passing Terminal session variables as arguments, that I am not sure about. But, if it’s an issue with your code maybe I can help.

If terminal variables indeed can not be passed, then a workaround is to pass the connectionstring as a string. You can pass that by doing terminalVariable.ConnectionString

Regards.

Hi Claytonm,

then a workaround is to pass the connectionstring as a string. You can pass that by doing terminalVariable.ConnectionString
Can you brief on these topic with example if possible.

Thanks
bharath

These the error which i am getting i have tried to pass the out connection variable to workflow but its not working.

“message”: “Terminal Session Faulted”,
“level”: “Verbose”,
“logType”: “Default”,
“timeStamp”: “09:13:46”,
“processVersion”: “1.0.6659.21423”,
“fileName”: “Terminal_1StepLogin”,
“jobId”: “7200e74e-7a0e-4abc-bd91-b649b8abc029”,
“robotName”: “CSCADMIN”,
“activityInfo”: {
“DisplayName”: “Terminal Session”,
“State”: “Faulted”,
“Activity”: “UiPath.Terminal.Activities.TerminalSession”,
“Arguments”: {
“ConnectionString”: “”,
“DelayMS”: “1000”,
“TimeoutMS”: “50000”,
“ExistingConnection”: “”,
“ContinueOnError”: “False”,
“OutputConnection”: “”
}

Hi,

From the error, it shows that your ConnectionString is empty. Make sure you have set the right properties for your connection. If you are passing terminalVariable.ConnectionString as an Argument to a string variable in your workflow, you will need to place that variable in the ConnectionString property shown in the below screenshot:

Hope that helps.

Regards.

Hi ClaytonM,

Thanks for guidance ,as i have problem with passing my existing connection to another terminal through a variable using existing connection property.

But finally i have successfully passed the existing connection to other terminal session :slight_smile: