How to resolve A local license is required Error?

Kindly activate the standard license key by using the following command

Command - UiPath.LicenseTool.exe activate -l

Try to run the process from uipath assistant .

If this post is useful. Kindly like the post

Hey,
Did you check this topic ?

1 Like

I have same problem!
Sorry but Connecting on Orchestrator doesn’t any help.
I’m still searching solutions…

Kindly disconnect the robot. If you connected to orchestrator and try again.

@BalaManikanta_007
Hi Bala, How do you get the license number for the community edition? Are you on paid or community license? For the Assistant in offline mode (i.e. disconnected from the Orchestrator), how to resolve “UiPath Robot Error A local license is required.”? Note: I do not want to connect with the Orchestrator, and I just simply want to run “Assistant (Robot Default)” deployed processes from the Assistant.

My Env: 2022.4.1 Community / Win10Pro

Have you find the solution?

Unfortunately, no. Once you sign out and Run File, the same error message shows up.

Detailed error message:

RemoteException wrapping System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. (A local license is required.) —> RemoteException wrapping UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.Core.NoUserSessionException: A local license is required.
at UiPath.Service.AttendedService.<>c__DisplayClass19_0.<g__CheckOfflineLicense|0>d.MoveNext()

As you can see above, there is no user session, and acquiring an attended offline license fails. Further, someone has claimed that it works for him.

Could you please provide me steps? When you are getting this error? Are you using a community license or enterprise license?

First, all Uipath Studio are community version.

This is indeed confusing,
I have the same “A local license is required” happened on new installed UiPath Studio 2022.4.3 Community on fresh installed windows

But I also have 2 other Uipath community installed year ago on other windows, but it was automatic updated to latest. So this is also 2022.4.3 version. When package develop from one of this old windows, copied to other old windows, it run smoothly. I didn’t experienced A local license is required here.

But the same package if copied to new installed windows, it will error.

So for new installed windows, i have to connect to Orchestrator, open the package in Uipath Studio, publish it to orchestrator, create process there, download and installed it to local Uipath assistant. There so much extra steps now.

HI, did you manage to find a solution for this? Is it not possible to just publish from Studio and run the bot from Assistant?

Check the solution from here: LicenseTool Command Descriptions

First, deactivate it in case its license expired

"C:\Program Files\UiPath\Studio\UiPath.LicenseTool.exe" deactivate

Then, after you extended the standalone license, activate it

"C:\Program Files\UiPath\Studio\UiPath.LicenseTool.exe" activate -l 1234-2303-2194-5598

If you are connecting to Orchestrator, make sure that your robot in Manage Access is set up for the Attended automation to use the Stand-alone license.

1 Like

This saved my day today. Thanks. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.