How to rerun a flow chart continuously with second row of data (CSV )feeding to the application

A flow chart is taking data from csv and feeding it to an application fields.How do i loop the flow chart so that the flow chart runs again picking the second row in csv and feed it to the application and so on. The first run works successfully.

The flow chart is attached.

Hi
welcome to uipath community
hope these steps would help you resolve this
–use a READ CSV FILE activity and pass the file path of csv file as input and get the output with a variable of type datatable named dt
–now use a FOR EACH ROW activity and pass the variable dt as input and inside the loop use OPEN APPLICATION activity and open the application
–once after opening inside that container use expression like row(“yourcolumnname”).ToString which will get the value of a particular column each row one by one

Cheers @Aaditya

@Aaditya

1. use Read CSV activity to read the data from CSV file and will give you output as DataTable and say ‘inputDT’.

2. And then use ForEach Row activity to iterate above DataTable.

ForEach Row in inputDT
        Use activities to perform actions

This process will continue till end of data.

Thanks palaniyappan for the response. I was able to do it as said earlier. My question is different. Assume that a website has 5 pages and i have a set of index fields to be filled in page 3 and rest of the pages are easy click and turn to pages. When i did the read csv and put the foreach loop just before the 3rd page it fills the first row of entires in one go on the application and again it fills the second row of data(excel has 2 rows of data) and then moves to the 4th page. What i need is the first row of excel data is to be filled and the pages moves on to 4th and 5th page and completes the flow. Then the application should start over again and the second row to be filled on the third page and moves on
 Please guide me how can i achieve this.

1 Like

Awesome
Then keep the sequence of activities that work in web application inside the FOR EACH ROW loop itself so that once a loop is over it will open the apps again and then fill from the first page that we have mentioned to start filling the row values

Cheers @Aaditya

1 Like

Thanks. I will try this

I tried this. Somehow it is failing at the login screen. Should i even put the launch browser and login page also in the for each loop ? Please advice.

Yah
@Aaditya

Thank you. It worked great !!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.