How to reply to an msg which is attached in the email in Outlook

Hi,

I have to send a reply to an email which is actually an attachment of an email received from the user.

i.e: I have received an email, having an .msg file as an attachment. I have downloaded the attachment and saved in a location. I have opened the attachment and getting the details using this code using invoke code, (importing Microsoft.office.interop.outlook) :

Dim outlook As _Application = New Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.Application()
Dim item As MailItem = CType(outlook.CreateItemFromTemplate(in_MsgFile, Type.Missing), MailItem)
out_Mailto = item.To.ToString()
out_SenderAddress = item.SenderEmailAddress.ToString()
out_SenderName = item.SenderName.ToString()
out_Subject = item.Subject.ToString()
out_Body = item.Body.ToString()

I have replied using Send SMTP to out_Mailto variable. It is sending mail as new mail. I want to reply to the attached mail as how it is working in “reply to outlook mail message” activity.

Please help me on this.

Hi @Arun_Singh ,
“reply to outlook message” which will reply to the mail which you specify just how you perform in outlook application. Why would you use different method?

Thanks & Regards,
Shubham Dutta

Hi @Shubham_Dutta,

reply to outlook will work for a mailmessage datatype. I’m asking about how to send reply to an attached outlook message. It will not be considered as in the mailmessage datatype right. Let me know if you are not clear with the question.