How to refrain the robot from creating a blank workbook

Hi!

I am using a Use Excel File activity inside an Excel scope in my project. I noticed that every time the process passes through that activity, a new workbook being opened prior to the other workbook that I am trying to work with. Is there any way I could refrain the robot from doing this?

Thank you!

HI,

If you don’t want to create new workbook, can you try to turn off Create if not exists?
(However it may throw exception)

If the above doesn’t work, Can you elaborate with specific workflow etc?

Regards,

Hi,

Create if not exists is already turned off. I noticed that every time the process passes through these activities, it does the following:

1. Open a blank workbook
  2. Open the Merge DTR workbook
  3. Run the Macro
  4. Open the File Explorer

I’m not really sure why the bot is opening a blank workbook and the file explorer.

Hi,

Is there possibility any zombie process of Excel exists? For now can you try to set ForceKill at ExistingProcessAction property of ExcelProcessScope?

And also can you check which activity is related with new workbook using StepInto?
First, set Break point at ExcelProcessScope and run debug mode.
Then, stop at ExcelProcessScope.
Next press F11 and check which activity create new workbook or open file explorer.

Regards,

1 Like

Hi, I followed your advice. It turned out the macro itself is the one that’s opening the explorer. I just commented it and it’s all good now. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.