How to recover the Insights Admin Password ?
To recover the Insights admin password, perform the below procedure
- Install Fiddler Classic - https://www.telerik.com/download/fiddler
- Run fiddler and enable HTTPS description
- In the Options window go to 'HTTPS' and select 'Decrypt HTTPS traffic'
- After selecting 'Decrypt HTTPS traffic' should be a pop-up to add a certificate to 'Trusted Root'
- Once the above steps are done, it should be possible to see traffic flowing through fiddler
- Traffic should now be visible in fiddler. To verify, do the following:
- Open a browser and go to any site that uses HTTPS (just use the Insights site)
- In fiddler, HTTPS requests should be visible. Select any of the requests.
- On the right hand side, select the raw view and it should be possible to see the request. See below screenshot
- With Fiddler configured, open the Insights admin tool at: C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Orchestrator\Tools\UiPath.InsightsAdminTool.exe
- Select 'Enable Insights for Tenants'
- In Fiddler, find the request to the Insights URL.
- Host will be the Insights hostname
- URL will be /api/v1/authentication/login
- On the right hand side, select webForms
- The username and password should be visible. See screenshot