How to read value highlight in excel?

How to read value highlight in excel ?

But I can’t defined row or column because each file highlight in not same cell.
Please guide me about it.

@fairymemay Can you tell us more about what you want to do ?

Do you have to get the Value of the Cell that is Highlighted in Yellow only ? Or Do you have other cells highlighted in Different Colors and you want to read those values as well ?

@supermanPunch Get the Value of the Cell that is Highlighted in Yellow only.

@fairymemay Can you tell us more about the input excel file? Will it have header names ? Or can you provide a sample of the Excel file that you would be using ?

Then u can loop through every cell and use get cell color activitiy and check if the color is yellow or not if it is yellow then use read cell activitiy to read cell value. @fairymemay

@NIVED_NAMBIAR How to check color yellow or not?

Using get cell color activitiy u can get the color of the cell and then using if condition u can validate it @fairymemay

@NIVED_NAMBIAR I want to read value in cell yellow only.

Like after validating it u can use read cell to that particular cell to get the value

@NIVED_NAMBIAR I don’t understand.
Please show example for this case.

@fairymemay Can you Check the below workflow :
BlankProcess.zip (9.0 KB)

I have used the below Custom Component from Marketplace to make a proper solution.

I have kept an Excel file with two values Highlighted in Yellow.
After you have executed the workflow, The Highlighted values will be read and displayed in a Message Box.

Can you also let us know if the input will have multiple highlighted cells or just one cell ?

Depending on if it is a Multiple Highlighted values or a Single Highlighted Value to be retrieved, the Solution May vary a bit.

You would have to download the Package from Manage Packages, In order to make the Workflow work.

easy solution get value for highlight colour cell.zip (39.8 KB)
if its helpful mark as solution

1 Like

Try the below if you are looking for other alternatives.
Open the excel file → click ctrl +F and then start running the workflow. The data will be written as output to another excel file were you have to do text to columns split.

test2.zip (40.1 KB)

1 Like