How to Read the specific cell in excel using the Excel Column Name with out specifying the cell address

excel

Hi Team,

I want to read a specific cell based on the column header name. I don’t wan’t to specify the cell address which cell i need to copy. I want to copy based on the column header name.

Ex : In my excel i have a column name :“Invoice Number” and for that column i have “Invoice No 12345”. So i want to copy the invoice number using the column name “Invoice Number”. Can any one please guide how to proceed in this.

row(“Invoice Number”).tostring in for each row

Thanks bro , Is there any activity like read excel instead of read csv. I want to read an complete Excel sheet(.xlsx). How this can be done . Please suggest

Use Read Range activity to read the entire data from the sheet.
Parmeter: Pass the Sheet name and range as “”.

SO program will read all data from provided excel path.

yes, read range activity reads the entire excel sheet data or
connect the excel using database connect activity, then execute the query with required sheet name

Thanks for the response. Yes it worked. If my excel sheet contains first 3 rows empty and column headers start from 4th row then how to proceed please suggest

while reading the excel give the range propeties " " (double quotes) in read range activity

Thanks for the response. Yes it worked. If my excel sheet contains first 3 rows empty and column headers start from 4th row then how to proceed please suggest

You can modify your reading logic as per sheet data.

For eg… if you are using the “for each” to read the data fro data table then don’t read them.
Skip fist three rows putting the condition on loop and start from the 4th row.

Thanks
Vivek S.

thanks bro, got it