How to read range from an .XLS file and write it into an .XLSX file

Hello!

I am working on a sequence that uses Excel export data from SAP t-code FAGL_FC_VAL and this t-code for some reason allows me to export only in .xls instead of xlsx.
So I have to read range from an .xls file and write it into an .xlsx one but I get a failure in execution, probably due to the use of this .xls?
Attached you can find the .xaml file related.

Many thanks for your input!

Fabio
5_FX_Excel_Data_management.xaml (10.8 KB)

Hi @Fabio_Di_Turi

Please try excel application scope and read range under excel for both reading and writing the dat.

Thanks

Could you send an exception screenshot?

@prasath_S this was already done, as I read it somewhere.
@krzysztof.szwed here is what I get:

20.10.6+Branch.master.Sha.37657ef79003ea8751ac4efb35736eeeace8b2ce

Source: Read Range

Message: Your stream was neither an OLE2 stream, nor an OOXML stream.

Exception Type: System.ArgumentException

RemoteException wrapping System.ArgumentException: Your stream was neither an OLE2 stream, nor an OOXML stream.
at NPOI.SS.UserModel.WorkbookFactory.Create(Stream inputStream)
at UiPath.Excel.WorkbookFileXls…ctor(String workbookPath, Boolean createNew)
at UiPath.Excel.Activities.WorkbookActivity1.ConstructWorkbook(String path, String password, Boolean createNew) at UiPath.Excel.Activities.WorkbookActivity1.BeginExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)