How to read for file placed in a folder and then process the flow

I have two folders Folder A and B with Group of excel files in it . There are two independent work flows for each of those folders . I am trying to merge them into one workflow. Now it has be so that the process A should start if a particular file let say a.xlsx is present in folder or else it should go to Process b , Process b should start is b.xlsx is present in folder b otherwise it should skip and exit .

attaching the image . Let say process A should start if a1 is present other wise skip to process b , and it should check for file b1 to start process b other wise exit

1 Like

Hey @manishmukherjee

You want the bot to get automatically triggered when the file is placed ?

Thanks
#nK

The bot will run at specific interval let say every hour and first will check for file let say a.xlsx to trigger process a , and if a.xlsx is not there it should skip to process b and look for b.xlsx and so on

1 Like

Hey @manishmukherjee

Clear, You can just use flowchart for this & with flow decision for deciding the branch.

You can use Get Files to check if your file is present

I feel you already have the pseudo logic posted above, just implement it step by step you are done :slight_smile:

Hope this helps

Thanks
#nK

Hi! Welcome to community!

How does the bot knows the file which is to be processed? i mean the name of the excel file?

if you can able to give the file names use simple for each file in folder if present use then block else, else block.

Regards,
NaNi

I think these activities are not in studiox

1 Like

Hey @manishmukherjee

Apologies, The activities suggested above is for Studio.

Please find the StudioX activities here… For Each File In Folder

Thanks
#nK

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.