How to Query Entity Records on Choice Set Fields - Query Entity Records: Error: The provided value for field [WorkBased] is not of decimal format, TraceId: 50101a517fd4464f888658ffab0f29b7

When running the Query Entity Records activity I am trying to query records based on a field that is populated from a choice set however it seems i am not able to query based on choice set value (text field) - getting error that query value needs to be in decimal format (guessing it’s on the index # of the choice in the choice set?) i tried providing some simple numbers, 1, 2, etc. however when providing number error is not thrown but nothing is found…how can I query entity records on choice set fields?

Try like this:

Let’s assume you want to query by the second value in the Choice Set field which is Office.

Assign a new variable:

Work_Based_Value to Convert.ToDecimal(“2”)

Go to variables and make the variable Work_Based_Value as System.Decimal

Go to Query Entity Records and add the Decimal value back as String

Work_Based_Value.ToString()

It should not give anymore the error “Query Entity Records: Error: The provided value for field [WorkBased] is not of decimal format, TraceId: 50101a517fd4464f888658ffab0f29b7”

Example:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.