How to protect passwords and ids?

Hi,
Assume I have 50 ids and passwords. I need these ids and passwords to login to a web portal. What is the best practice to securely protect these ids and passwords and where do I store these. Also only the admin/concerned person should be allowed to change this password or id. I thought of storing the ids and password in an excel file, but then its not a secured method… can somebody suggest a better alternative.

Hi @Henry

The best way would be store them in Orchestrator Assets

Thanks,
Prankur

Are you using Orchestrator? If so head to Assets and you can securely store passwords in there. You use a GetAppCredentials invoke in order to call them down, also securely. Hope this helps!

I am not using orchestrator. Even if I use orchestrator, can I use the assets in a for loop ?

Actually I am not using orchestrator…!!

You can save credentials in windows,

But I would recommend Orchestrator

Thanks,
Prankur

@PrankurJoshi: I tried this method… but the bot is not fetching the next credential. How do I use this in a for loop to fetch the next credential.

You can give them different names and save those names in a datatable and then loop them for each name it will fetch a new one

ok… will try that method…

Thank u for the quick reply

Hi,
The issue now I am facing is the password from get credential is in secure string format. I am getting an error: conversion of secure string to string is not possible.

The variable has to be SecureString, not just String.

These will help you

Thanks,
Prankur

I have given the variable secure string only.

Hi @Henry,

Use the Get secure credential activity to fetch credential from the Windows Credential manager.