How to process the specified week excel files inside the folder

Hi,

I am Having so many Excel files inside the folder. The Excel file name is having different date like ‘ExtractedFile_09212020’.,‘ExtarctedFile_09282020’ etc…,

I attached the image kindly refer.
I already extracted the date from this excel file name…
Now My requirement is, From the folder I need to process the excel , which is based on only If the name of the excel File name date contains one of the before one week date like consider from the current date.
Can anyone Guide me please?

1 Like

As you have already extracted the date from the filename you would just need the comparison date.
Assign ComparisonDate = Today.AddDays(-7)
Then use a flow decision or IF activity, ExtractedDate > ComparisonDate Then…
Do what you would like to do with the excel

2 Likes

Thanks for your response @avejr748

Kindly refer the attached image and I am getting the error because of variable type.
Kindly let me know the suitable variable type Please.

1 Like

Comparison should be both DateTime variables so you would need to convert your SpltDteFromPath from string to DateTime before doing the comparison

2 Likes

Thanks For your Response. I have converted my string to DateTime variable.
Now I am getting Exception like “If :String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.”
Main.xaml (11.1 KB)
I have attached my script kindly refer and guide me how should move on.

1 Like

I’m not sure what is your computer dateformat but for example your string SpltDteFromPath is 09192020 manipulate that to be in your date format e.g. 09/19/2020 then assign SpltDteFromPath to “09/19/2020” & “00:00:00” and then convert it to datetime

1 Like

Thanks @avejr748.
Its Working.

1 Like

You’re welcome @jamunatj

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.