How to pick username and password from excel and paste it to a site

Hi
i want the bot to pick username and password from excel and type it into a site .
All of this needs to be done without the use of mouse click and only keyboard.

Please let me know the procedure.

Use send hotkeys

Hey Anuradha,
1.Store username and password in 2 columns in the excel sheet.
2.use read range activity to read this excel file.
3.use for each activity ,inside that capture your website and login page and make sure that your selector should be dynamic.
4.In the captured area give the value like “row(“column_name”).ToString” for username and password.
Regards,
Suruchi

Hi @Anuradha1294,

is the username and password stored in the excel file in a row? Then you can read the excel file using Read Range activity. The data will get loaded onto a datatable variable.

Then use the open browser activity to open the browser. IN the same activity, you can give the URL for the site you want to load to…

Then, I believe you are going to have two text boxes for the username and password.

Since the username and password are not in a datatable, You can iterate the datatable using a for each loop to access its data.

Use a Type Into activity. And use “Indicate Element on Screen” to point to the Username textbox. Enable Simulate type property to type without the use of mouse or keyboard. In the type into property, use below to access t he username. Its the same for the password with “Password” column name

row("username").ToString

after providing the username and password, for the Login button, you can use a Click activity again with Simulate Click property enabled.

Let me know how it works for you…

2 Likes

Its done!!

Thanks for your effort. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please mark the appropriate answer as the solution so others know the procedure to follow when they have a similar issue

hi @Anuradha1294
along with the all these things you can use the Anchor base activity for exact finding the right portion in the site and after reading the excel file

Create two columns A and B, with username and password.

Add the variable you want and define it as System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary<System.String, System.String>

It worked perfect
Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.