How to paste in a terminal using the terminal activities from clipboard

Hi All,

I am trying to paste 8 line items at a time to the terminal, using terminal activities since it does not support other activities. Please find attached Input excel file from which I’m pasting the data
Input.xlsx (10.1 KB)

The problem here is I am not able to paste it in the same format, i.e. 8 rows at a time with proper spacing.

I tried converting the datatable to string and then using send keys activity. But it is not pasting in the same format.

Even tried using Set field at position, and also send hotkey, both the solutions didn’t work as well.

Can you please help me with a solution with which we can paste the data into terminal from clipboard.

Any help will be really appreciated.

Thank you
Ashwini

@ashwini.bagewadi

Try constructing the string using below with required number of spaces and use it

String.Join(Environment.NewLine,dt.AsEnumerable.Select(function(x) String.Join("Add required number of spaces",x.itemArray)))

Cheers

Thank you so much @Anil_G for your response, but we have tried this approach, actually when we are manipulating the string the spaces are correct but when we paste it is not working.

@ashwini.bagewadi

How are you trying to paste? Like exact what is happening?

cheers

in general we would work with terminal setXX methods and string variables.

sounds like a multi field entry or an entry with linebreaks / (spaces? - unclear what is meant)

However give try at: System.Windows.Clipboard.GetText()